The University of Mississippi seeks to resolve concerns and complaints in a fair and prompt manner. Current or prospective University of Mississippi students who have a complaint may submit their concerns to the appropriate department. Before pursuing external options, students should exhaust internal avenues of complaint resolution.

The Student Complaint web page provides guidance as to such appeals and complaint procedures. UM students with a concern directly related to online learning may contact the Office of eLearning at or 662-915-1267, or may report the matter of concern to the Office of the Dean of Students for guidance through resolving concerns within the campus community.

In the unlikely event that a complaint cannot be resolved through the University of Mississippi’s Student Complaints process, students may file a complaint with the Mississippi Commission on College Accreditation using the MCCA Student Complaint Form (PDF) within two years of the incident. If the complaint is outside of MCCA’s jurisdiction, it may be directed to another agency that is authorized to address the concerns, if appropriate. Note: This process is not applicable for matters related to student grades or discipline/conduct matters.

Students may also send concerns to the University of Mississippi’s regional accrediting agency, SACSCOC in the unlikely event a complaint is not resolved after all university avenues have been exhausted. Complete the Commission’s Complaint Form (PDF) and send two print copies to:

President, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 3033-4097.

Students may also contact the appropriate agency in their state of residency. Please click on your state below for information. The University of Mississippi strives to keep this list current but it is possible that a state’s complaint process or contact information may change without UM’s awareness. If the information given for your state is inaccurate, or if you are having difficulty contacting an agency in your state, please contact UM’s Office of State Authorization at or 662-915-5142.

State Agencies