Before You Apply
Check to see if your state will allow the University of Mississippi to offer online education to its residents.
Ole Miss is compliant with state authorization laws in the states listed in our state authorization section. If you do not reside in one of the states listed, contact us.
Apply for Financial Aid
Students wishing to be considered for financial assistance opportunities should consider completing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). More information about financial assistance opportunities is available through the Office of Student Financial Aid at the University of Mississippi.
Only students admitted to the University of Mississippi will be able to register for online classes. Registering for an online course is the same as a regular course.
Students who are currently enrolled at another university or college but wish to take an online class at the University of Mississippi will need to apply as a “Visiting Student” student using the Undergraduate Admission Application.
Once you've applied for admission, check the myOleMiss page or contact UM Admissions at 1-800-OLE-MISS.
To apply to a UM online graduate program, start by going to the program page on this site. You will need to apply to the Graduate School and meet the specific requirements of the program. Program specific application requirements can be found on each program page as well as requirements for admission.
- Contact your online program personal advisor. Every online program has advisors who will be happy to assist you with course planning and registration.
- Register for class. All online classes at the University of Mississippi will be available for registration through myOleMiss. Check the Registrar's website to obtain information on how to use myOleMiss.
- Check the Academic Calendar. Review the information provided on the Academic Calendar to determine when your class begins and ends.
- Check your Bursar account. Review information in the student accounts system to determine the cost of your course(s). More information about tuition and fees can be found on the Registrar Office's website.
- Get help. For specific questions about your course (i.e. exam, assignments, due dates), contact your instructor.
- For technical issues with Blackboard or technical support, contact the Ole Miss Help Desk 662-915-5222.
- For general questions about taking classes online, contact your academic advisor or Amy Saxon 662-915-7036 or email@example.com.