MS in Sport Analytics
Sports Marketing, Sport Science, Human Performance
MS in Sport Analytics
The MS in Sport Analytics offers two online program options: (1) Sport Business and (2) Sport Performance, offered as accelerated, 8-week courses. Both program options are designed to be completed fully online within one year. Students receiving the MS in Sport Analytics will be trained for analytical positions in sport business or performance found in collegiate and professional sports and sport-related enterprises. Graduates will be equipped to work in a variety of settings including collegiate and professional sports teams, sports marketing agencies, media companies, sports betting companies, sport science, and strength and conditioning/human performance.
The MSSA online program accepts applications on a rolling basis with a final application deadline one month prior to the first day of the term for which the applicant is seeking admission.
Competitive candidates will submit the following credentials for entry into the program:
- Complete application to the University of Mississippi Graduate School
- Evidence of an awarded baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Quality academic record, as evidenced by cumulative grade point average of at least a 3.0 or equivalent grade point average on a 4.0 scale in the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework
- GRE taken within 5 years of applying for the graduate program with scores equal to or greater than 146 on the verbal, 140 on the quantitative, and 3.0 on writing sections of the test. The GRE requirement is waived for applicants who have:
- At least 1 year of post/secondary professional work experience related to sport performance, business, and/or analytics
- A letter of recommendation
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- A 400‐ to 500‐word statement of interest that describes interest in pursuing the MSSA degree, chosen emphasis, future career goals, and why the applicant believes they will be successful in graduate school
- International students must additionally demonstrate compliance with the University of Mississippi’s English Language Proficiency Score Requirements and Exemptions policy